|Home||» Products||» Agricultural Products||» Lemongrass Plants|
We have a team of well-experienced quality analysts that rigorously checks each & every stage of the plant developments in order to ensure quality Lemongrass Plants at buyer's end. Our company has captured the market with the large range of products; we make accessible the same from Udaipur (India).
- Lemon grass also known Malabar Grass or Cochin Grass, is native to India as well as tropical Asia. It is developed and found in varied portions of India and is utilized in scents domain and also for medicinal purposes. Also, Lemon is recommended as a preservative and pesticide. Research has proved that it has good anti-fungal properties. Owing to its wide usage in diverse industries, Indian cultivators have started farming it in huge quantities. In the forthcoming years, you can surmise that Indian cultivators associated with in Perfumes & Pharmaceutical industry, plantation of the lemon grass will be preferred due to its widespread demand.
- In the current story, this is being cultivated in great quantity in diverse parts of the country and shall sustain the same way.
- For commercial Use, cymbopogon flexuosus needs species of the Lemongrass Plants is in demand both nationally and globally. Also, this kind of species are liked and demanded from an Agriculture point of view.
According to the GLC report, Lemongrass Oil consists of the different crucial components such as Citral B (27.7%), Citral A (46.60%), Farnesol (3%), Flerensol (12.8%), Beta Terpineol (0.40%), Borinyol (1.9%), α-terpineol (2.25%), Triphenoil Acitate (0.90%), Terpinine (0.5%), geranial & Nerol, (1.5%). Lemon grass cultivated in Central India, has 75 per cent of citral, which is supposed to be excellent source for oil.
Main Uses: Lemongrass is utilized in two forms like Lemongrass oil and Lemongrass Leaves
Lemon Grass Oil Uses :
- The oil prepared with lemon grass is the most famous & useful way to utilize in Industries. It is extracted from the fresh & mature leaves and stem of such plant. This is used in the preparation of of soaps, scents, attar, perfumes, and incense sticks. Also, it is suitable to be used as a medicinal herbs in the medical sector. This oil is further processed into α Ayonen & β ayonen. This Ayonen is utilized in a raw material in the manufacture of Vitamin A.
- It contains anti-fungal & anti-bacterial properties. This helps to revitalize the body and to relieve the symptoms of clears headaches, jetlag, and aids to combat nervous exhaustion as well as stress-related conditions. It is a perfect overall tonic for the human body and it improves the parasympathetic nervous system, which is a boon when getting rid of diseases, as it also promotes glandular secretions. It is highly effective remedy against respiratory infections like laryngitis, sore throats, and fever, and prevents spreading of infectious ailments. It is useful in indigestion, colitis, and gastro-enteritis. This type of oil helps to tone the tissue & muscles, and relieves pains of muscles by making the muscle more soft. It helps to correct poor circulation and as an insect repellent. It is helpful in keeping pets clean of ticks, lice and fleas. Also, it is utilized for clearing up acne & oily skin, and athlete's feet. It helps to alleviate excessive perspiration.
- It is ideal to subside the smell of alcohol, sauces, and seafood. It is utilized a flavour in Chinese as well as Thai Cuisine.
- A great quantity of Dry leaves of Lemon grass are extensively used in Herbal Tea production companies for the preparation of Lemon tea, Herbal tea, and many other varieties and kinds of Herbal tea. In India, this leaves (especially grown in M.P) are exported to major Herbal Tea Companies based in France and England.
- Also, it is utilized in Kadaa to get rid of illness. Its oil gives a cooling effect which is widely useful in treating cold and varied other respiratory diseases. When added with Black Pepper in the form of Kadaa it aids in kidney related ailments. Also, this is recommended for reliving pain of joint & muscles.
- It when converted into a paste has great anti-fungal qualities and hence, is useful in curing Ringworm.
- It also helps in making better digestion system, and is helpful for the urinary related diseases and reduces gastric problems.
- As seen above, this kind of grass has great usage not only for perfumes business but also for Pharmaceutical medical purposes. Owing to it great demand all over the globe, there great possibilities of it becoming an excellent Cash product in agriculture in Nation.
Marketing Strategy of Lemon Grass Oil:
- At present, the market for Lemon Grass oil is great. There are so many traders based in Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, etc which are into marketing & selling the lemon grass oil in great quantities. There is high demand and scope for this in varied other countries too. Therefore, Besides to Lemon Grass yield of Citral can also complete. Because of extensive usage of it, in diverse industries, there is a significant possibility of raising in its demand both nationally and globally by Well-recognized and well established countries all over the world.
- Agriculturists can apply buy-back guarantee as a marketing strategy or tool in order to raise it demand in the market.
- Being low maintenance plant, that is once it is planted; there is no requirement to check back on it for the next five years. The plant is highly sturdy and can bear harsh climate conditions. Also, it does not need too harvesting, and is not eaten by wild cattle. Marketing of lemon grass product .i.e. leaves or oil is also fairly easy as it enormous & great amount of uses. As it is beneficial plant, numerous progressive cultivators have chosen Lemon Grass cultivation as compared to other agriculture products and this ratio is only expected to enhance in near future.
Species of Lemon Grass: It has quite a few species like Praman, Pragati, Cauvery, GRL - 1, Krishna R.L.L 16, etc. The most popular species grown in M.P. is S.K.P 25. This species gets growth upto 6ft tall and ones can get 1% oil out of the plant. Its species has proved beneficial for Rajasthan too.
Agriculture Techniques :
- Preparing the soil / Tillage : Lemon grass can be produced for the forthcoming five years once it is cultivated. The soil should be ploughed well in order to aerate enough. Capital intensives and Labour intensives ways of ploughing can be implemented.
- Manure / Fertilizers / Pesticides: Composite Manure or Cow dung Manure has to be utilized in good quantities for Lemon Grass farming. While tilling or preparing the soil for farming itself you should make use of the manure. Manure has to be utilized five times in a year and scatter around the roots of the plant for outstanding results. On an average, apply 10 tons/acre. As far as chemical based fertilizers are concerned, on an average one can use 16 quintal Potassium, 16 Quintals Phosphorous, and 60 quintals Nitrogen. 1/3 portion of such blend of Chemical based fertilizers has be to while preparing or tilling the soil and the remaining during mowing.
- Process of Seeding / Irrigation: Though there is not any water problem, Lemon Grass seeds can be planted any time during the year.
- Plantation Process : Utilize a small hoe to dig about 5 to 6cm deep and thereafter plant the small young tree of Lemon Grass. If the pit is dug deep and there is quite chance of the roots to rot. Prior to plant, make sure that you have removed dry leaves & waste roots from the small tree. Put the sapling directly into the pit. After planting, you have to be covered the plant with mud, and press it nicely and also water the field or plant after sowing other sapling. Assure there is no irrigation logging in the land or around the small plant. There should be minimum distance of at least 30 to 45cm between each plants. For good production makes you have a difference of at least, 40 by 40cm between each and every sapling.
- Irrigation Process : Once if the irrigation process is complete properly, then lemon grass does not need too much watering. But you should make the soil with adequate moisture content. Throughout summer, watering / irrigation should be complete in 10 days & 15 days in winter. This is result in the finest quality of the plant.
- Weeding Process : Weeding is needed only in the 1st plantation year, as unwanted plants or weeds keep decreasing with every year.
- Harvesting : Within the first 6 months of farming, the plant is prepared for harvesting or cutting. Harvest the plant 10 to 15cms from the base level. The plant will re-develops after the 1st harvest. Actually within 3 to 4 months it is ready for harvesting. Similarly, after every 3 to 4 months from cut the plant is ready to harvest. Hence, cultivators at least get 2 to 3 harvests a year from Lemon grass plants. In case of not very fertile land and there is shortage of water, even then cultivators get two harvest from such plant.
Accessibility of Lemon Grass Oil : Oil of lemon grass is obtained from the quality leaves of the plant. It is extracted with the help of distillation process. If the leaves are cut in smaller pieces, and then more oil can be obtained. The process of distillation takes about 2 to 3 hours. If each year, lemon grass is cut two time then one can take out about 100ltr of oil. This productivity enhances with every coming year. The yields of leaves and oil enhance from 0.6 - 1%.
Income and expenditure on Lemon Grass Farming or Production:
- Expenditure :
- In 1 acer at a difference of 40x40cms around 30,000 small plants can be grown.
- 30,000 * Rs.3 / sapling (comprising transportation) = Rs.90,000 per expenditure.
- This expenditure is just an one-time expenditure and the production is for the next five years.
- Income / Productivity :
- From 1 acer farming, cultivators can obtain Lemon Grass oil within first 180 days and they get about 50ltr of oil and in the next 180 days it reaches up to 60 ltr.
- In the 1st year of farming of Lemon Grass one get about 70ltr of Lemon Grass Oil.
- 110ltr x Rs.1000 per ltr = Rs.1,10,000/- income at every harvest.
Material available for Lemon grass
- Lemongrass Fresh Green Leaves
- Lemongrass Slip